American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks. The Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides easy access and extraordinary service for Card Members seeking leisure or business travel, as well as a variety of lifestyle services.
TLS serves both premium and non-premium Card Members around the world in numerous ways via several servicing channels including our telephone service centers (predominantly for premium Card Members) and market specific travel websites.
The Design Engineering and Analytics team is a global organization supporting and enabling the TLS global business to operate in a more efficient and streamlined servicing model through process optimization and driving efficiency in the service centers.
One of the specific programs that we support is TLS Automation, one of the key initiatives within the TLS Future is Now strategy. We are looking for a Project Analyst to join our team to work on managing automation projects across all areas of TLS and across multiple markets.
This position is responsible for project managing all process driven automation projects and supporting the development of a global automation program management framework to enable clear oversight and consistency of approach across markets and functions. This role will require the incumbent to support the intake and prioritization process, manage the automation pipeline, lead automation projects from a process and operational perspective, support business requirement gathering, create POD and POA process maps as well as cost benefit analyses, coordinate communication and training requirements with relevant areas of TLS and support the post implementation reviews and data validation. They will be required to understand in detail both frontline and back office processes, work closely across most areas of TLS such as change management, work force management, Finance and most importantly partner very closely with our capability counterparts in the Automation team. They will need to consult and coordinate appropriate SME knowledge and work closely with operational leadership to verify opportunities and sustain the pipeline.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
* Servicing center experience, including strong knowledge of key operational metrics, levers and various servicing strategies
* Six sigma green belt / Process engineering skill set
* Understanding of processes and ability to process map
* Project management qualifications such as Agile, Method 1 / Project management experience preferable
* Highly organized with significant attention to detail
* Confident and clear communication; strong ability to influence leaders and drive change
* Ability to challenge upwards and influence without direct authority, knowing when to escalate to ensure alignment and timely completion of projects
* Demonstration in understanding differing customer needs in various markets, passion for the customer and consultant experience
* Experience in travel industry or TLS is a strong plus
* Solid understanding of capabilities and ability to “speak tech and/or travel” when necessary
* Understanding of automation capabilities and tools such as IQCX and robotic technology would be preferred but not required
* Ability to work on a global scale and potentially work out of hours if required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2019, 8:23:05 AM