American Express Careers
Manager - Enterprise Digital & Analytics
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Customer Data Science and Analytics
Background: American Express is one of the world's largest, most analytically sophisticated financial services providers. The American Express Brand stands for unsurpassed customer service and expertise in quantitative analysis is central to our success in serving customers and delivering for shareholders. The large team of econometricians and programmers thrives in a culture where problems are solved with innovative approaches and precise analysis. Customer marketing vision is to deliver the most relevant content to the right customer at the right time through their preferred channel(s) of choice.
Purpose of the Role:
The Organic Growth team within Enterprise Digital & Analytics(EDA) is focused on developing, innovating and integrating, information driven marketing strategy globally. The teams’ focus would be following:
- Provide the targeting Intelligence for organic treatments - Supp, Upgrade, Cross sell and MGM for international markets
- Develop Data Science backed contextual and customer centric triggers
- Work on creating the Data and Feature Pipeline for International markets to enable cutting edge modeling
- Develop the POA vision and create best in class response models for top international markets
- This team will also be responsible for GNS cross sell strategy and analytics globally. It would help in creating strategy for our bank partners enabling them to cross sell and expand the foot print of Amex Network.
The role requires exhibiting a high level of expertise in guiding the data strategy through statistical analysis, decision support logic and data techniques. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to step into a very challenging role. He / She will drive improvements in generating data driven actionable strategies to enable business growth initiatives.
Key focus areas will include:
• Development of analytical infrastructure to improve relevance of customer marketing by identifying the right offers for each card member
• Leverage the power of closed loop through Amex network to make offer targeting more intelligent and relevant
• Innovation with focus on developing newer and better approaches using big data & machine learning solutions create holistic recommendation by pulling data from different data sources and make effective and persuasive presentations for project teams and business leaders. He/She will work directly with central marketing teams to drive above strategies
The individual is expected to lead a team of 3-4 highly motivated colleagues and inspire team members and partners.
Critical Factors to Success:
Communication and Presentation Skills
The incumbent must possess 3+ years’ experience in solving analytical business problems and synthesizing unstructured data and help develop business strategies to improve customer experiences, marketing objectives.
A Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, Quantitative analysis or MBA with quantitative specialization and significant analytical/econometric experience
Ability to be proactive, think quickly and make critical decisions regarding high visibility deliverables with tight timelines; often requiring the ability to make complex decisions in situations of ambiguity and time pressure
High quality written and oral communication skills with proven success in influencing business decisions
Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and advance talent is expected.
• Competency in data mining and customer segmentation techniques through SQL, Hive, Python etc.
Knowledge of Platforms:
Knowledge of Global Marketing and Modeling Platforms will be an added advantage
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2019, 1:23:29 AM