American Express Careers
Machine Learning Engineer
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
Machine Learning Engineer:
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic newly formed Machine Learning team of high performers that is looking to build the next generation Contact center platform and delivering AI-powered products like Predictive Routing, Customer Journey Management, and Virtual Agent Assist across our global Contact Centers. We are expanding our team to deliver connected and curated customer experiences. So if you share a passion for AI, data science and delivering the best in class experience for customers then this is the opportunity for you.
This position is within the Contact Center Artificial Intelligence team. The role holder will be a subject matter expert in Machine Learning in traditional and Hadoop eco-systems and work closely with other stakeholders for continuous delivery.
· Regularly engage with business teams / stake holders to understand their needs and imperatives and operationalize a framework for deploying Machine Learning models
· Prototype and simulate use cases for Machine learning basis and ability to operationalize into workable algorithms & solutions.
· Rigorous testing of algorithms as per business norms and delivering significant working leverage over status quo and generate value for the business.
· Deploy models in production environment and regular maintenance of production variables.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Capability of writing, debugging and compiling codes in multiple Machine Learning environment and not limited to Python/Pyspark, Apache Spark, R Spark etc.
- At least 2-4 years of experience in the following areas.
- Complete grip on Python environment and libraries (scikit, nltk, pandas and numpy). Working knowledge of R & Spark is a plus.
- Proven experience of solving complex business problems using Machine Learning techniques like Regression, Classification, Supervized or Unsupervized Recommenders, Deep iterative learning, Neural Nets etc.
- Must have deep knowledge of Natural language processing and techniques, Voice and Text data engineering and developing models for NLP.
- Deep knowledge of Statistics and Maths, and ability to dissect problems from the first principle. Exposure to fields like Linear Algebra, Bayesian Statistics, Group theory is desirable.
- Experience of working in Distributed/Cluster computing environment is desirable.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams.
- Excellent data presentation and visualization skills
- Hands on knowledge of SQL/ Hive QL is desirable
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 4, 2019, 5:52:17 PM