American Express Careers
Senior Manager for Operations (Collections)
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Lead a Segment within US Credit Function and lead a team of 50-70 Direct and Indirect colleagues
- Ensure smooth functioning of day-to-day operations by meeting daily & monthly Production & Efficiency goals
- Meet Collections Effectiveness goals through strong operational governance, innovation and best practices
- Drive the “Customer First” culture across the team and drive various process improvements and engagement activities to meet this
- Ensure that Compliance and Procedural Adherence thresholds are met through a strong control process
- Partner with Dialer, Strategy and MIS team to improve and enhance processes that help drive our organizational goals
- Ensure Effective & timely communication with teams as well as leadership to help drive clear communications and align the right focus
- Talent Management – Work with HR & Learning Network teams to bring in the top talent, develop and train them and ensure highest levels of retention through engagement and leadership
- Engage teams through Rewards and Recognition and provide employee value proposition for our colleagues
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Overall Experience of 8+ years with strong collections experience (High Balance Past Due, Chronic Accounts & Recoveries)
- Experience in leading large teams and strong understanding of operations
- High Analytical ability to able to deal with complex business problems
- Ability to influence people and help drive decision making
- Strong Communication skills – Articulate, Thought-through and succinct.
- Problem Solving Approach
- Ability to take a collaborative approach and complement peers and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2019, 2:48:36 AM