American Express Careers
Collections Team Leader
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide—combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities—enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for Goal setting, Performance reviews and development plan for all direct reports
• Responsible for day to day functioning/administrative work including production floor management
• Responsible for delivery of all customer and shareholder metrics as per goals
• Work closely with the US Risk Management and other stakeholders
• Support CSAT initiatives in enhancing / meeting external (TBASS) metrics
• Conduct weekly Coaching & Feedback sessions for analysts.
• Provide development opportunities, coaching, and resources.
• Responsible for compliance for all processes and policies.
• Lead and maintain employee satisfaction and morale by using reward / recognition tools available.
• Consistently and effectively implement the Performance Management Process as a leadership tool to help employees maximize their performance.
• Collaborate with console in forecasting, scheduling and leave planning.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Minimum total work experience of 5-7 years REQUIRED.
Direct people leading experience of 2-5 years in a premium call center environment REQUIRED
A working / expert knowledge of at least RECOVERIES (business to consumer) credit card collections REQUIRED
Sound Knowledge of Workforce Management Process & Methodologies.
- Experience in Coaching & Development of Large Teams.
- Good Working Interpersonal and Negotiation Skills Ability to effectively influence various levels of management in Lines of Business and Staff Groups.
- Excellent Communication & Relationship Skills. .
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and resilience In the face of changing business requirement. Result Oriented Ability to drive change in a highly consensus driven culture
- Strong team and thought leadership and the ability to innovate including knowledge of call center management. .
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills alongside proven decision-making and risk management abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office - Excel, PowerPoint and Word preferred.
- Strong Team Player with high level of integrity.
- Should possess sound Analytical, Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills.
- Language: English
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2019, 9:32:33 AM