American Express Careers
Cloud Platform - SDET QE Automation Engineer
- Drive opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
- Works with scrum teams to drive improvements in code quality via automated testing for functional and non-functional tests, test code review, etc.
- Responsible for managing the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design and development of software.
- Proactive involvement in the reviewing user stories/specifications for weaknesses in function, security, performance, scalability, testability, and usability aspects and provides recommendations.
- Responsible for developing non-functional and functional test cases and thrive for 100% test automation to meet testing of business requirements.
- Monitors and tracks resolution of defects, coordinating with scrum teams in order to prevent, report, and resolve them.
- Designs, monitors, and analyzes test results and provide quality metrics such as KPIs, defect counts, etc.
- Identify opportunities to drive innovation and manage product development needs within a fast paced, agile environment
- Demonstrate coding expertise to develop and maintain test tools and frameworks to validate integration and functional API tests.
- Through utilization of the software testing lifecycle, develop test plans, cases and scripts against platform testing scenarios providing analysis and reporting on the results.
UI & API Automation tools – Strong experience in automating Web applications and REST APIs. Big plus if candidate has experience building mock frameworks (Jmock, Mockito or something similar)
- Tools: UI automation (WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Java or Groovy (Preferred)) / REST API Automation (RestAssured, TestNG, Maven, Java or Groovy(Preferred)
- Platforms: Redhat OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker or AWS/Azure/GCP
Big plus if candidate has exposure to DevOps skills and tools – Ansible, Teraform, Inspec, Jenkins
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2019, 4:55:21 AM