American Express Careers
Vice President, GNO Network Certification and Servicing
At American Express, our mission is to become essential to our customers by providing differentiated products and services to help them achieve their aspirations. Global Network Operations (GNO), quite simply, is the enabler that makes this mission come to life. Through world class operations paired with an intense focus on customer, GNO manages and evolves American Express’ payment network reliability, security, and processing capabilities to enable commerce across the globe. In 2018, our network processed over 9B transactions across over 170 markets around the world to power the products and services that create value for our customers.
The Certification & Servicing team within GNO ensures our customers and partners are tested or certified to successfully interact with our network and products, a critical component in expanding our reach across the globe.
This specific role will be a key contributor to the objectives above, by leading our global Certification & Servicing team.
Responsibilities of the role include:
Lead a large, highly engaged global team to deliver on operational setup, certification and servicing that supports Issuers, Acquirers, Merchants, Processors, Vendors, Merchant products and Point-of-Sale (POS) operating on the AXP Network
Develop, execute and maintain long term strategies that enhance Network certification and servicing and incorporate stakeholder / customer needs, in addition to an evolving payments ecosystem
Execute strong forecasting, reporting, demand management and workload balancing to ensure effective delivery of operational demands
Utilize Network certification and servicing subject matter expertise to influence product and capability development
Lead the long term strategy and adoption of an automated and industry-aligned certification process
Ensure industry alignment and differentiate where opportunities exist to drive additional value
Build and maintain strong partnerships with involved AXP businesses, such as Global Consumer Services, Global Merchant and Network Services (GM&NS), Enterprise Digital, Technologies, and Global Network Operations (GNO)
Lead a global team of 100+ colleagues
- Deep understanding of payment processing with 5+ years of payment related operations experience
- Ability to lead large, global teams
- Strong track record of establishing and maintaining high levels of colleague engagement, and continually driving colleague development
- Demonstrated ability to develop, align, and execute on long term strategies
- Strong written and verbal communicator with demonstrated ability to digest and distill complex ideas into simplified content
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence senior leaders in partner and client organizations
- Demonstrated ability to lead change within complex, matrix organizations
- Exceptional thought leadership skills with the ability to challenge the status quo and innovate
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to dig deep to solve difficult problems
- Proven track record of driving business results
- Intense customer focus with a demonstrated commitment and ability to serve a global customer base
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2019, 12:18:37 PM