American Express Careers
Associate Product Manager - Mobile Payments Product Development
Amex Digital Labs is responsible for originating, incubating, and growing promising ideas that set the company up for success in the 2-5 year horizon while continuing to focus on select strategic short-term digital experiences. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation.
The Global Digital Payments Product team within Amex Digital Labs is looking for an enthusiastic Associate Product Manager to support mobile payments initiatives. As commercial interactions continue to rapidly expand and diversify, the Global Digital Payments Product team is focused on conceptualizing, developing, and delivering unique and innovative payment experiences to card members. The person taking this role will provide support to Product Development managers by coordinating meetings, documenting user stories, gaining stakeholder approval, and driving issue resolution for the products supported by the mobile payments team. The Associate Product Manager will have the opportunity to learn the technology and ecosystems that support mobile payments in American Express and help drive new capabilities for our card member and merchants.
· Coordinate internal stakeholder discussions to drive consensus and approvals for new product features and capabilities
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to bring product concepts to market
· Analyze the health of the products through reporting and customer feedback to iterate and drive improvements in future release
· Partner with business development teams to engage and drive product discussions with our strategic external partners like Apple, Google and Samsung
· Shepherd product through the development process, advocating to achieve the best outcomes
· Support the partnership with technologies to help define and document user stories, create guides to product processes and procedures, and drive the creation and implementation of the servicing strategy for our products
· Support managing the product and features upon release to card members
· Support defining the product roadmap and help prioritize feature sets
· Support external ongoing communications with merchants and partners
· Maintain pulse on external mobile developments and internal product development to assess implications for our products
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for digital, a clear focus on the customer, strong communication skills, and the ability to provide clarity and direction across teams.
Key qualifications are:
· Enthusiasm and passion for great digital products and services and the ability to articulate product functionality
· A very strong sense of curiosity and hunger to know how things work and ability to use that knowledge to make connections and find opportunities
· Detail oriented, able to identify key questions, make product decisions and determine how pieces of the puzzle interact and impact the overall project
· Highly organized, taking individual initiative and accountability for getting results
· Ability analyze and synthesize complex technological ecosystems
· Recognize issues quickly and determine how to go about getting resolution
· Excellent communication skills with ability to engage, influence and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
· Determination to get to the best outcome for our card members and merchants
Experience of the following would be highly beneficial:
· Understanding of tech and product development processes including familiarity with Agile product development
· Experience with writing user stories, acceptance criteria, story-mapping, and other product development methodologies
· Familiarity with reading application programming interfaces (APIs)
· Bachelor’s Degree required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2019, 7:25:27 AM