American Express Careers
Manager - Global Collections Oversight & Monitoring (Manager-Internal Audit)
- Effectively manage a team of auditors in Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, and Taipei who conduct audits on third party collection vendors that support the JAPA region.
- Assist auditors in accomplishing team objectives & assume core audit responsibilities in all audit phases.
- Understand “End to End” Collections Operations and Performance Management to provide independent monitoring of compliance and operational requirements. Identify and assess the impact of control deficiencies
- Assess and review the inherent and residual risks, evaluate control design, and audit tests conducted by auditors. Ensure team members conduct test of controls and transactional test to ensure compliance with AXP policies as well as regulatory requirements. Develop new test as needed.
- Ensure effective and efficient execution of audits in conformance with professional and department standards, budgets, and timelines. Plan, perform, and report on audits performed at Outside Collections Agencies to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and AXP procedures.
- Have knowledge and expertise of JAPA regulations and compliance procedural requirements.
- Ensure OA audit reports are created that reflect accurate, timely, and insightful information.
- Present audit findings to OA Management through status updates and closing meetings including effectively review the action plan to ensure it mitigates the risk identified.
- Track and validate action plans with collection agencies to address any operational or regulatory gaps.
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services.
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
- Five years or more in the financial industry within finance and/or internal audit function.
- BA, BS, or equivalent degree in accounting or finance relevant field, advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field preferred
- Professional Certification (CIA, CPA, or equivalent) is desirable
- Understanding of regulatory, accounting, financial industry guidance and best practices relevant to the business including consumer protection, banking regulations, and laws
- Knowledge and experience in control theory and professional auditing practices
- Effectively integrates business, operational, compliance, and regulatory components in audit work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver high quality, actionable feedback on a variety of complex issues stakeholders on control issues and potential solutions to close control gaps
- Experienced in managing teams - people leadership including the ability to hire talent, coach, and develop individuals to meet business objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to travel
- Competencies – Communication skills (Strong oral, written and presentation skills), attention to detail and strong organizational skills, meeting deadlines, driving results, change, including building and leveraging relationships.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2019, 8:32:22 AM