American Express Careers
Business Development Manager, International Currency Card
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
- Creating a strategy for growing their portfolio of banks in order to achieve sales targets
- Developing strategic relationships with at Bank Partners at all levels to C-suite
- Building strong internal relationships with key support groups; servicing, legal, Compliance, Risk and the broader Blue Box in order to meet the targets from this portfolio.
- Ensuring all business development activities strictly adhere to the compliance / governance framework
- Identify marketing opportunities within the banks and develop robust marketing plans in conjunction with International Currency Card Marketing team
- Leading direct report in setting priorities, coaching and development
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and prioritize opportunities across many partners, design account plans, and deliver on stated goals.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and lead projects with limited guidance
- Ability to build successful long term relationships through ongoing strong relationship management, including experience turning potential issues into positive outcomes for Amex and our customers
- Strong communicator and collaborator with the ability to influence both internally and external in a B2B / B2C environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances whist keeping a positive `Growth Mindset` attitude
- Experience developing and leading a successful sales or relationship management team
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage relationships across diverse Amex groups
- Understanding of Amex products and their economics, services and capabilities
- Proven analytical abilities with experience of condensing business data into clear insights for senior leadership teams
- Strong sense of integrity with ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executive presence, with experience translating complex information and requirements into clear and actionable items for presentation at the most senior level
- Proven financial and commercial acumen
- High energy, an optimistic attitude and a good sense of humour
- Demonstrated excellence in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills a must
- Experience of working across multiple International Markets is a significant advantage
- Strong market and competitive knowledge of the Private Banking is an advantage
- Some fluency in French or German advantageous
- Willingness to travel approx 20%
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).or
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2019, 6:01:00 PM