American Express Careers
Manager, HR Mergers & Acquisitions
The HR Mergers & Acquisitions team is responsible for leading the end to end HR life cycle for mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures and other corporate transactions. This includes project managing HR due diligence, planning for integration and separations and execution for all M&A transactions. The team also is responsible for due diligence to support key investment decisions. The team works and collaborates with multiple HR COEs and cross-functional teams as well as partners closely with the Corporate Development & Joint Ventures organization.
Reporting to the Director, HR Merger & Acquisitions, the Manager, HR Merger & Acquisitions role is primarily responsible for:
- Support of HR due diligence and integration/separation activities, including providing project management support on multiple concurrent acquisitions, divestitures and other transactions.
- Leading the due diligence and final report outs for all investments.
- Assist in developing project plans and tracking progress against plans and communicating updates to the HR project team members
- Identify, track and monitor risks and issues for multiple projects.
- Work with HR COEs to conduct employee related data analysis (e.g. headcount, salary, benefits, etc.)
- Prepare and assemble employee schedules in purchase agreements following thorough data validation
- Work with HR M&A team to identify lessons learned and process improvements to support continuous improvement of HR M&A infrastructure.
- Support and/or own HR M&A capability building projects including development of training materials for HR teams supporting deal activity.
- Participate in external HR M&A conferences and round table discussions and share learnings/best practices with the HR M&A team
The ideal candidate for the HR M&A Manager position will meet the following requirements:
- 4-7+ year Corporate HR or HR consulting experience
- Experience working internationally and in virtual teams
- Strong experience in project management (including cross-functional teams and external advisors)
- Strong relationship skills and comfortable working in an environment with tight deadlines and imperfect information (working “in the gray”)
- Ability to absorb, analyze and process large quantities of disparate information and synthesize quickly – with attention to detail. Strong excel skills are necessary to perform the role
- Operational knowledge of Amex compensation and benefit programs and ability to do side-by-side analysis of policies and benefit programs
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrates HR Performance Amplifiers of Courage, Curiosity, Insight, Authenticity and Adaptability
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2019, 2:01:22 PM