American Express Careers
Manager / Sr. Manager– Global Commercial Customer Analytics
The ‘Global Commercial Customer Analytics’ team is part of the Global Commercial and Merchant Analytics (GCMA) team within Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA) group in American Express.
GCMA is responsible for targeting, acquiring, engaging and retaining commercial customers over online and offline channels and delivering world-class analytics, insights and data products for the Global Commercial Services and Global Merchant Services organizations. In this role, you will be challenged with designing and creating world class customer analytics strategies in a very strong partnership with business partners internal to AXP. The person will perform data analysis, modeling, synthesize conclusions, communicate and present recommendations to partners. The position is part of a highly collaborative environment, interacting with and influencing partners across the Global Commercial Service’s business at American Express.
This role would be a part of EDA’s – Global Commercial Customer Analytics team focused on using advanced analytics to optimize customer acquisition efforts as well as driving spend enablement and retention initiatives. A very strong focus of this role would be understanding gaps and creating opportunities in customer engagement initiatives and influencing business partners in the usage of analytics driven solutions.
- Design and implement a comprehensive framework for the customer acquisition program by reaching customers at right moments in their journey with Amex
- Transformation in decision making capabilities for Customer Acquisition across channels and BUs by exploring big data/machine learning techniques such as Random Forest, Gradient Boosting Machines, k-nearest neighbor, support vector machines and Text Mining/NLP; knowledge about experimentation to qualify insights using statistical science
- Partner with Global Commercial Services Organization leaders and Strategic Business Partners to assess and identify opportunities for better customer acquisition and revenue growth with actionable, insightful analytical solutions to help the leadership team evaluate and drive business performance
- Demonstrate Project Management capabilities to drive execution of ideas and results
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales and key stakeholders to create and implement new analytical solutions for driving customer acquisition efforts as well as optimizing spend enablement and retention initiatives
- Play an important role in communicating and influencing EDA leadership and partners (marketing and sales) to help test / roll out the recommended data driven analytical initiatives which involves getting buy in from the market, developing test framework, deploying and tracking.
- Independently manage cross-collaboration among marketing, sales, capabilities and modeling teams to ensure analytics and data science based strategies are
- Master's Degree (or higher) / MBA preferred
- Good SAS/SQL, Python, R and PySpark skills with an ability to deliver data driven insights
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability / proven track record of striking balance between thought leadership, and converting business needs into analytical plans
- Strong analytical/conceptual thinking acumen to solve unstructured and complex business problems and articulate key findings to senior leaders/stakeholders in a succinct and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across a matrix organization partnering with marketing, sales, capabilities, decision sciences, technology teams and external vendors to deliver solutions at top speed
- Manage several concurrent projects through collaboration across teams/geographies
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2019, 11:02:24 AM