American Express Careers
Analyst/Senior Analyst-Competitive Intelligence
The Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) team is a dynamic environment of digital product and analytics professionals that drive significant value for American Express through innovative solutions. We are seeking a high-performer to join our Product Analytics & Testing team, developing world class digital products, capabilities and marketing programs that support our global markets and help drive growth.
In this role, the candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting analysis and reporting of the external quantitative data we receive from research partners like JD Power and eBenchmarker. The insights provided will be used to drive best-in-class acquisition, conversion and membership experience journeys.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Data & Platform Analytics, External Quantitative Data.
· Support the creation of actionable, data-driven insights driving business growth, self-servicing habits and customer satisfaction
· Create and maintain industry benchmarking reports, dashboards and scorecards
· Perform day-to-day data collection and storage for external quantitative benchmarking data
· Assist with scanning ongoing vendor reports and summarized findings that are relevant to the EDA stakeholders
· Interact with all levels of the organization across multiple time zones and teams including Product Management, Engineering, Design & Research, and other Analytics Professionals
· 2+ years of experience in data analysis using a variety of analytical tools highly preferred
· Experience in digital analytics and/or market research analysis strongly preferred
· Experience in digital marketing or digital product organizations is a plus
· Structured thinker with a track record of breaking down complex challenges into smaller parts
· Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to tell a story driven by data
· Strong self-management skills - business-savvy, data-driven and action-oriented.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills (specifically advanced Excel)
· Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or related analytical fields preferred
· Experience using Tableau, SAS, R or Python and SQL is a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2019, 4:01:07 PM