American Express Careers
Manager, Risk Management - Singapore
- Strengthen risk controls and driving profitable business growth, without adverse surprises while providing an outstanding customer experience for proprietary customers in Singapore.
- Own risk outcomes and credit metrics
- Develop a thorough understanding of the expected and unexpected credit losses in the business and communicate them effectively to business leaders.
- Focus on continuous improvement of credit risk management capabilities. Optimize integration and usage of capabilities and data such as credit bureau, application data and internal data. Continually explore and test new data sources.
- Ensure Risk Management capabilities are aligned with the business strategy and strategic growth initiatives, including launch of new business practices, products and services.
- Monitor economic performance across all risk decisions and partner with the Centers of Excellence to identify improvement opportunities.
- Ensure complete understanding of and adherence to local laws & regulations.
- Have deep understanding of evolving regulatory environment with direct and indirect impact on the business and risk management.
- Have deep understanding of macro-economic and business environment with direct and indirect impact on business and risk management.
5+ years of experience in an analytical role
Work experience with SAS/SQL
Strong quantitative skills with experience to lead, perform analysis and develop winning strategies independently.
Track record of driving results with strong ownership, thought leadership and problem solving skills.
Self-starters with ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Demonstrated strong collaborative skills and able to work effectively in a matrix environment.
Effective communication and presentation skills with active listening and the ability to influence others
Experience/Familiarity with cutting edge credit risk system designs, emerging technologies such as interfaces - Application Programming Interface (APIs), digital capability, etc is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar quantitative field of study
Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 11, 2019, 2:29:28 AM