American Express Careers
The Monetary Operations Teams are part of the American Express Personal Savings Operations group. We are a fast paced, close knit team supporting a high-volume of monetary transactions for American Express National Bank, Personal Savings and affiliates. The daily work includes, wire transfers, ACH transactions, check requests, internal transfers, account closures etc. All Monetary Operations processes are highly regulated and scrutinized by Compliance, Internal and External audit as well as Federal Regulators, therefore we must ensure proper due diligence is performed prior to the movement of monetary transactions. This role is also responsible for the backup support for maintaining the daily required Federal Reserve Balance, 100% accuracy on the clearance of OFAC hits and timely processing of all Incoming and Outgoing Wire Transfers through AENB Bank Account.
Daily Job Responsibilities:
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment and able to adapt quickly to change
- Support Customer First philosophy by ensuring professional handling of customer requests, including incoming calls from customers, business partners and financial institutions as well as completing outgoing calls to verify customer requests with a variety of financial institutions
- Ensure proper due diligence is performed prior to movement of money
- Maintain quality metrics for assigned Monetary Operations functions
- Adhere to all compliance and PRSA controls
- Potential to work on highly scrutinized end to end processing of all Regulation E Disputes for AENB Personal Savings products
- Could also include various other responsibilities within Operations based on overall needs
*Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.*
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Proven time management skills and adaptability to a quickly changing environment
- Professional, self-motivated team-player with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks within a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Adhere to all compliance goals & team metrics
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel and Word
- Research and reconciliation experience
- Willingness to be involved in business initiatives that drive career development and team engagement
- Strong analytical skill set
- 2+ years’ experience in Operations or Banking preferred
- Call center and/or customer service background a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 18, 2019, 6:16:22 PM