American Express Careers
Server Side Engineer
Accertify and InAuth are leading providers of fraud prevention, chargeback management, device intelligence and payment gateway solutions to customers spanning diverse industries worldwide.
Together, we have demonstrated tremendous growth and value to our impressive list of merchants that we protect. This continued rapid growth creates additional opportunities to continue to grow the value we provide to our Clients in decisioning, community and big data capabilities.
We are looking for an individual that will be an essential contributor, supporting our company needs throughout the entire Software Development Lifecycle. You will work closely with our mobile and server team members in a fun and open atmosphere developing cutting-edge mobile applications. Candidate must have at least five years of experience in application development, managing highly scalable server environments. We are looking for an engineer that enjoys a challenge and can take ownership of the project. The position is on-site at our Santa Monica location on the Third Street Promenade. We are a block from the beach and we offer a fun, relaxed work environment.
- Contribute to our core server product
- Our engineers participate in the entire Software Development Lifecycle, so responsibilities include every aspect from requirements gathering to implementation, testing, and maintenance
- Work closely with our Professional Services team to ensure smooth integration at customer sites
- Work closely with our mobile teams and implement new features
- Design and position our technologies and capabilities to address the ever-changing security and mobile landscapes
- Full-time position
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Relaxed work environment and flexible schedule
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) matching
- Regular company outings
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building web services in Java
- Minimum of 5 years experience in highly scalable, high availability environments supporting high transaction volumes and an understanding of server architectures necessary for that type of environment
- Minimum of 5 years experience with at least 2 of the following application servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat
- Minimum of 5 years experience with at least 2 of the following relational databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
- Experience with agile development methodologies and a high degree of value placed on unit testing, continuous integration, and the delivery of quality software
- Passion for software engineering, mobile security, and writing clean, maintainable code
- Proven problem solving skills, the ability to roll up your sleeves and tackle hard problems with little technical direction or oversight
- Have fun - but get the job done. We adhere to the "Work hard, play hard" philosophy and want a teammate that is the same
- Be comfortable working in a sometimes nebulous environment and under tight deadlines
- We want your ideas - be able to think outside of the box and be willing to contribute the team’s success!
- Be able to take ownership/responsibility of your tasks
- Ruby experience is a plus
- NoSQL experience is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2019, 2:09:44 PM