American Express Careers
Manager / Sr. Manager, Product Strategy & Management
The Global Lending & Cobrand (GLC) organization at American Express works to transform the way we meet the borrowing needs of our customers in an evolving landscape.
Within GLC, this role is part of US Prop Lending Product Innovation team that is responsible for execution of strategies, product development and management for growing new products as well as evolving innovative product concepts that help attract and retain our target membership base.
You will be joining the team at a dynamic and exciting time as the competitive landscape is continuously evolving in terms of competitive launches, marketing strategies and product investment. This role will drive a number of strategic priorities including assessing new opportunities, product innovation and customer experience enhancements, leveraging partnership with internal partners (marketing, finance, risk, legal, tech and compliance) as well as external partners and vendors.
Ideal candidate will be highly strategic with strong analytic skills, project management skills, outstanding communication skills and influence management abilities including:
- General management mindset with financial acumen
- Strategic, analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills and comfort with data analysis
- Strong Analytic skillset with the ability to work with data to general insights
- Strong connection to customer insights and proven experience developing and rolling out complex cross-functional projects and business strategies
- Outstanding project management skills and strong bias to action
- Ability to communicate and drive results across multiple teams/functions and at all levels through collaboration, partnership, leadership, and influencing skills
- Resourceful with strong business judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment to deliver multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Willingness to ask questions and challenge the status quo
- Team player who works hard and likes to have fun
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2019, 9:32:10 AM