Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative Identity products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
Our Engineers that join our Technologies team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
- Drive user story analysis and elaboration, design and develop software applications, and test and build automation tools
- Own all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
- Perform hands-on software development, design, writing code, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
- Drive consistent development practices - tools and common components
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Work with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with exposure to management theories and concepts.
- 3-7 years experience across design and development using Java, J2EE
- Experience across continuous integration/deployments in an Agile framework covering aspect of design development and testing (SDLC)
- Knowledge in Multi-threading programming, Data structures and web services technology
- Sound knowledge of Java/.NET/C++, Spring, JUnit, REST Assured, Selenium, Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), Continuous Delivery concepts, and exposure to tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, GIT.
- Expertise in agile life-cycle management tools (JIRA/Rally), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
- Exposure to Identity systems and related technologies
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 11, 2019, 1:32:03 PM