American Express Careers
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
With a focus on digitization, innovation, and analytics, the Enterprise Digital Analytics (EDA) team creates central, scalable platforms and customer experiences to help markets across all of these priorities. Charter is to drive scale for the business, and accelerate innovation for both immediate impact as well as long-term transformation of our business. A unique aspect of EDA is the integration of diverse skills across all of its remit. EDA has a very broad range of responsibilities, resulting in a broad range of initiatives around the world.
This team within the Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) organization is responsible for creating and maintaining data repositories and reporting solutions which enable our partners across the proprietary consumer markets to drive effective business strategies, make fact based decisions and track business outcomes. This position will focus on maintaining existing capabilities, driving continuous innovation, creating new capabilities as per business needs, catering to partner queries and providing them consultation on how to use and interpret the various variables/metrics available to them and driving adhoc analysis as needed.
Purpose of the Role:
Drive scale for the business, and accelerate innovation for both immediate impact as well as long-term transformation of the business
Rewards: Attract customers & increase engagement through Best in class Loyalty Program: The Rewards team is responsible for the overall management of our rewards programs across both proprietary and network markets. This entails the strategy of the overall programs, capability development including the move to digital, multinational partnership management, and managing rewards expense while improving the customer experience.
Critical Factors to Success:
• Improve content relevance and digital channel utilization by developing advanced analytical and personalization capabilities
• Create a competitive advantage for Amex by leveraging marketing insights
• Accurate reporting on KPI’s across diverse digital and traditional channels
• Standardize and automate custom measurement methodologies and processes
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
0-3 years relevant experience in analytics industry
Preferred: Experience in consumer behavior with exposure to analytics, machine learning, data science and other analytical tools - Python, R, SAS
Bachelor's in Economics/Engineering, Post Graduate in Economics/Engineering
Preferred: Post Graduate Degree in Statistics/Mathematics/Economics/ Engineering/Management
Functional/ Technical Skills/Capabilities:
Data Science/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
o Expertise in Coding, Algorithm, High Performance Computing
• Analytics & Insights & Targeting
o R, Python, C, C++, Java, SAS/SQL in UNIX environment.
o Advanced Statistical Techniques
• Knowledge of Digital Channels & Products
o Standard data mining and customer segmentation techniques is also desirable
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2019, 12:53:04 AM