American Express Careers
Director, Head of CLM (m/f/d), Frankfurt am Main
Do you enjoy a dynamic, collaborative work environment where you can make a mark? Are you someone who knows how to drive significant business results and build new partnerships? Are you excited to join and create a team culture that is innovative, accountable, customer-oriented and results-focused?
The American Express Director of Client Management Germany an exciting portfolio of merchant relationships (B2B and B2C) with companies headquartered in Germany. As the Director, you will be responsible for leading a team of > 10 Senior Client Managers and 2 Coordinators, to grow revenue, by establishing mutually beneficial and profitable, long-lasting relationships with merchant accounts. Your team will be accountable for delivering valuable, innovative insights and solutions to our clients across a diverse range of companies. You will oversee a dynamic team in Germany, with 150+ merchant relationships. If you want to join one of the world’s most respected brands and be a part of our future, this role is for you.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of > 10 senior client managers and 2 coordinator, help them to manage, deepen, and improve relationships with 150+ respected brands
- Develop, lead and motivate a top-performing team to retain and drive increased American Express’ business (B2B and B2C) by growing revenue and improving share. This includes helping your team identify and expand existing business
- Cultivate a culture of learning, strong challenger coaching skills, and consultative relationship management
- Lead your team in maintaining and strengthening American Express’ business by showcasing value, growing revenue, improving share, and increasing profitability
- Embrace the fast-changing payments landscape and keep current with supply and demand, payment trends and economic and competitive indicators
- Partner with internal colleagues to seek out and develop partnership and marketing assets that will be relevant to your customer base
- Model key sales behaviours/ skills and balance deal vs. skill coaching
- Increase Merchant Satisfaction and maximize profits with an enterprise thinking approach
Direct report into the Vice President / General Manager of Global Merchant Network Services (GMNS) Germany + Austria and member of the GMNS Germany leadership team and the European Client Management Team.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in sales and ideally the German retail / payment industry
Proven people leader with demonstrated ability of building a top-performing sales and account development team. Focus will be on B2C sales growth
Track record of driving superior sales results through others by providing strong thought leadership, clear prioritization / pipeline management, sound decision-making and creative problem-solving
Innovative leader who has strong change management skills and leads with a growth mindset. Willing and able to contribute directly to team efforts and results
Uses breakthrough thinking to generate insights, alternatives and opportunities for business growth/new merchant solutions. Strong business knowledge and financial acumen is a must
Strong demonstration of Challenger skills and ability to work with C level executives to grow revenues
Ability to collaborate, be flexible and manage change in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment
Use networks inside and outside the business to provide support in delivering goals
Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills in German and English. Ability to listen and adapt/pivot approach
Strong analytical skills including navigating through and manipulating data in excel and managing a sales pipeline in Salesforce
Existing people leader strongly preferred
Business administration university studies or similar degree required
Please note that you can attach up to 4 documents with a maximum of 488 kb each.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2019, 3:10:29 AM