American Express Careers
Full Stack Java Engineer
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the development, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections
- Conduct engineering activities in accordance with the team’s DevOps model
- Preferably a BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or related experience
- 4-5 years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2019, 11:27:42 AM