American Express Careers
Mgr/ Sr. Manager-Risk Management
The ‘International Commercial Prospect Analytics’ team is part of the Global Commercial and Merchant Analytics (GCMA) team within Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA) group in American Express.
GCMA is responsible for targeting, acquiring, engaging and retaining commercial customers over online and offline channels and delivering world-class analytics, insights and data products for the Global Commercial Services and Global Merchant Services organizations. In this role, you will be challenged with designing and creating world class customer analytics strategies in a very strong partnership with business partners internal to AXP. The person will perform data analysis, modeling, synthesize conclusions, communicate and present recommendations to partners. The position is part of a highly collaborative environment, interacting with and influencing partners across the Global Commercial Service’s business at American Express.
This B35 role would be a part of EDA’s – International Commercial Prospect Analytics team focused on optimizing business universe across international markets, driving targeting enablement in close partnership with central / local marketing as well as capability teams. A very strong focus of this role would be to liason with VPs and their teams in the US to understand and learn from US landscape and drive analytics driven solutions.
- This is an individual contributor role, responsible for driving commercial acquisition growth across international markets, creating world class analytics, developing cutting edge commercial capabilities and adding valuable insights to improve models and subsequent strategies
- Support and enable the Global Commercial Services Organization with actionable, insightful analytical solutions to help the leadership team evaluate and drive business performance
- Partner with functional leaders, Strategic Business Partners and Senior leaders to assess and identify opportunities for prospect acquisition
- Demonstrate Project Management capabilities to drive execution of ideas and results
- Play an important role in communicating and influencing EDA leadership and partners (marketing and sales) to help test / roll out the ML based targeting
- Independently manage cross-collaboration among marketing, sales, capabilities and modeling teams to ensure analytics and data science based strategies are appropriately incorporated and timely deployed / tracked
- Master's Degree (or higher) / MBA preferred
- Good SAS/SQL, Python, R skills with an ability to deliver data driven insights
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability / proven track record of striking balance between thought leadership, and converting business needs into analytical plans
- Strong analytical/conceptual thinking acumen to solve unstructured and complex business problems and articulate key findings to senior leaders/stakeholders in a succinct and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across a matrix organization partnering with marketing, sales, capabilities, decision sciences, technology teams and external vendors to deliver solutions at top speed
- Manage several concurrent projects through collaboration across teams/geographies
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2019, 9:58:08 AM