American Express Careers
Sr Mgr - Product Management
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. The Global Product Management (GPM) team within GCS is a critical driver of growth. The GPM team is responsible for developing and managing a suite of solutions for small, mid-sized and large market businesses across the globe.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to play a key role in developing the overall strategy related to push payments portfolio within the Americas. The individual will work with key teams in the GCS organization such as SPA, AP Automation. The individual will also support in the strategic planning, feature development and on-going management of our push payment capabilities within the BIP team. This team sits within the B2B product group of GPM. This role will be a critical enabler of the B2B growth strategy for American Express by enhancing and building on the products strengths, developing new capabilities or features and expanding it's reach to meet our customers needs.
- Drive the 'Push Payments' capability strategy from concepts to on-going management. This would include the gathering of customer insights and the creation of authentic user stories, the creation of compelling business cases to influence successful prioritization of investment funds and product roadmap formulation.
- Understand and follow the evolving payments industry to help inform the Push-Payments strategy.
- Partner with the wider Product organization on initiatives that could leverage our push payments solutions
- Continuously assess competitor offerings in the market place and develop plans to differentiate our solutions
- Partner with our product development and technology groups on feature requirements, backlog prioritization & program increment sessions
- Collaborated with the BIP team on product strategy, vision, positioning, design targets, product canvas, user profiles
- Support GTM (Go-To-Market) efforts
- Occasional travel to meet customers or partners, as necessary
- Solid understanding of B2B payments
- B2B experience, preferably with some product management and/or strategy background
- Strong communication skills and ability to distill complex ideas across different business teams
- Can inspire the team and influence senior leadership
- Curiosity: Eager to learn and ask questions while striking the right balance between being detailed and high level
- Pragmatic, direct approach and a track record of solving problems and implementing solutions in a highly matrixed business environment
- Strong customer focus; the ability to view issues from a customer lens.
- Strong analytical skills
- Comfort with creating Powerpoint presentations and working in Excel
- Proven ability to define a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and develop recommendations to influence senior leadership
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Exposure to or basic understanding of Agile framework and methodology a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2019, 4:14:22 PM