American Express Careers
Senior Manager/Manager, Product Development, Global Onboarding
We are looking for a Digital Product Development/Owner to join our Global Onboarding and Early Engagement team. Our team is responsible for creating an innovative digital onboarding journey which enables customers to register their cards as easily as possible and quickly figure out how to take full advantage of their membership in order to drive spend, positive behaviors, and deepen engagement with American Express.
This challenging and exciting position within the Enterprise Digital & Analytics organization will play a pivotal role in transforming the onboarding experience across 23 countries. It is a highly visible role that will require you to work on key areas of opportunities in the existing user experience, while simultaneously leading the development and global launch of a redesigned journey and platform.
You will work among high performing engineering, design and product teams. You will have a real passion for using technology to build user-centric solutions to challenging problems, for bold decision-making and for digital innovation. You will enjoy being challenged in a fun, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment.
As a Product Owner you will:
· Drive product vision, strategy, roadmap and growth opportunities, partnering with a wide range of stakeholders to work towards a shared onboarding definition and experience across channels
· Develop an innovative digital onboarding journey which leverages new technology infrastructure and design, with the goal of increasing Card Member engagement and satisfaction
· Collaborate closely with technology partners to implement prioritized backlog features, lead the iteration planning and product release plans, create clear sprint/increment goals, and craft high quality user stories with robust acceptance criteria
· Develop a keen understanding of the customer experience, researching and analyzing user experience data and analytics to identify and quantify opportunity areas
· Partner with developers, UX/UI designers, and analytics to lead a test-informed program of UX, UI and technical improvements to a multi-market digital customer experience
· Assess value, develop use cases and prioritize features and user stories to ensure that work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with the product strategy
· Work closely with your partners and colleagues across business units and markets to create and maintain feature backlog
· You should have the following skills and qualifications:
· 3+ years experience as a Product Owner within a user-centric product development team, following Agile methodology
· Experience leading a program of digital user experience and interface improvements
· An eye for good UI/UX and ability to learn technical infrastructure and processes for a complex digital product
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Able to build positive relationships, influence decisions and make things happen
· Highly organized and detail-oriented with a can-do attitude and ability to manage multiple priorities
· An ability to deal with a fast pace and changing needs
· Bachelors degree required
· Masters degree or MBA is a plus
· Experience building digital products
· Understanding of design thinking
· Experience partnering across business units and time zones to drive medium and large scale initiatives
· Scaled Agile training and/or certification
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2019, 1:47:52 PM