American Express Careers
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This is a Band 30 position.
Candidate will be responsible for:-
• Ensuring the accuracy of payroll preparation and processing, payroll accounting, tax filing and remittance, benefits maintenance, and other related payments.
• Effective vendor management: Coordination and management of the entire payroll function through multiple payroll vendor teams
• Checking and auditing payrolls, ensuring legislative, compliance and internal reporting requirements for payroll function
• Managing quality metrics and lead projects as required towards process improvement and standardization of payroll systems.
• Interacting and collaborating with partners across multiple lines of business to source information and deliver on customer expectations
• Closely working with Customer facing vendor team for the assigned market (s) to work on enhancing employee experience & satisfaction.
• Well versed with tax reporting/tax payments & reconciliation functions related to S&B Balance Sheet accounts and preparation of reconciliations in line with reconciliation policy.
• Consistently understand and exceed customer requirements whilst ensuring effective teamwork at all times
• Ensure that all deadlines are continuously met as per daily dashboard timelines and adequate controls are maintained over the processes
• Lead internal / regulatory / statutory audits by providing the detailed documentations specified by the auditors / regulators.
• Train and oversee other team members and will be responsible to ensure compliance with the prevailing policies and procedures besides contractual and regulatory requirements as applicable
• Assuring the escalation of critical issues to the appropriate management chain for decisions and problem resolution.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
QualificationsQualification, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
Candidate should possess:-
• MBA with Finance / Graduation degree in commerce stream.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in leading end to end Payroll functions in a reputed organization with large employee base for 1 or more International markets
• Must have experience and understanding of payroll related compliances.
• Experience in managing 3rd part vendor for day to day service delivery & customer services
• Comprehensive knowledge of payroll systems.
• Demonstrated payroll management experience.
• Working experience of payroll tax at the federal and state levels
• Strong accounting skills & proficiency in systems / tools – MS-Excel, Access, Power Point etc.
• Knowledge of EPR tool (SAP) desirable
• Knowledge of company pay structure / compensation and benefits policies / processes / compliance guidelines
• High attention to detail with an eye for accuracy, Strong results-orientation, resourcefulness, and flexibility to overcome significant obstacles to goal achievement in a high-pressure environment
• Good communication skills (written and spoken) with ability to challenge the status quo and identify improvements
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2019, 5:16:30 AM