American Express Careers
Marketing Director Germany and Austria (m/f/d), Frankfurt am Main
Marketing Director Germany and Austria (m/f)
Global Merchant & Network Services is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMNS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMNS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMNS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness. GMNS Marketing partners with organizations including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and Global Servicing Network.
Germany is the third largest market for GMNS in Europe and in this highly visible role, you will be responsible for developing a strategy and delivering marketing value to German and Austrian merchants across all segments to drive; Discount Business Volume (DBV), Active Locations in Force (ALIF), Merchant Satisfaction (NPS), Amex Offers Metrics (Merchant Funded Statement Credits and Unique Redeemers) and Perception of Coverage (POC).
The team is made up of 6 team members and has 2 direct reports.
- Develop the go-to-market strategy and ongoing content strategy for Amex Offers, measured via Merchant Funded Statement Credits and Unique Redeemers
- Developing and then delivering objective led marketing strategies with managed accounts (Face to Face and CCLM) to drive merchant satisfaction measured via annual Net Promoter Score survey (NPS) and Amex Offers Metrics
- Working alongside the Client Management team (Face to Face and CCLM) to support managed merchant renegotiations
- Assisting the New Business Partnerships acquisition team in signing top hold outs to drive Active Locations in Force (ALIF) and drive coverage in Germany
- Working with the issuers to drive perceptions of coverage via B2B and B2C marketing strategies and tactics measured via Consumer POC and ALIF
- Working closely with the regional marketing team to help the delivery of B2B marketing to small merchants driving POC and ALIF
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent), preferably in marketing
- Consumer marketing experience at a strategic level (including segmentation, loyalty marketing, ATL and BTL campaign development)
- At least 10 years of Partnership marketing experience or experience of working with partners is a must
- Previous GMNS or partner experience
- Strong people leadership experience
- Proven ability to drive results across a team
- Strong relationship builder, with proven ability to not only build relationships but also deliver against them across the matrix
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Good working knowledge of German
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Please note that you can attach up to 4 documents with a maximum of 488 kb each.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 17, 2019, 3:20:25 AM