Associate Product Manager –Travel and Lifestyle Global Customer Experience
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks. The Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides easy access and extraordinary service for Card Members seeking travel experiences, as well as a variety of lifestyle services. It takes exceptional people to create exceptional products.
We’ve built one of the most respected service brands in the world by creating products that set the standard for ease, convenience, security and innovation. Our product managers are at the center of it all, collaborating with business leaders, partners and engineering teams to shape the products of the future. If that fits your career vision, look no further.
This role requires an outstanding individual with excellent analytical, organization and communication skills to join our Global Product and Customer Experience Product Team. Reporting into Global Agent Experience and Platforms team, you will play a key role in the delivery of products that enable our global Travel Consultants to delivery extraordinary customer experiences for our premium card members. You will work across many different teams, with users and stakeholders to understand needs, develop effective technical solutions and address production issues to ensure our consultants have the right tools performing seamlessly at all times.
You will be capturing requirements critical to our consultants and sharing with our technologies team, to test and implement enhancements to current platforms. You will work closely with production support teams to analyze, prioritize and resolve issues within the appropriate timeframes. You will also be responsible for maintaining the product community intranet page.
The product of great thinking.
As a key link in the product development process no two days here will be the same, but there are some things you can count on doing:
- Work with other product managers, key stakeholders, and end-users to define a product roadmap and manage a backlog of capability enhancements
- Performing deep dive analyses on platform issues and prioritize for resolution
- Partner with our technology vendor to ensure requirements are aligned, releases are planned, tested and executed with quality and confidence
- Work closely with the design and technology teams to develop, test and deliver defined capabilities
- Use appropriate tracking and reporting to determine product performance
- Draft enhancement communications for front line Stakeholder and Travel Counselors
- Maintain Product community intranet page collaborating with users, sharing best practices and providing insights to maximize platform utilization
Are you ready to be at the center of it all?
- Experience in Product Management, Systems Development or Product Support
- Knowledge of rapid and iterative software development methodologies (SAFe)
- Experience with User Acceptance Testing methodology and practices
- Strong analytical skills - ability to understand complex issues and define root cause
- Experience working with third party vendors, driving accountability to deliver results
- Proven ability to work autonomously, manage time effectively and thrive in ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills, ability to convey a clear, compelling message and influence without authority
- Passion for customer experience, understanding user needs and effectively translating into technical solutions.
- Track record building and fostering strong relationships
- Extremely organized with significant attention to detail and documentation of requirements, process maps, analysis findings and decision rationale
- Experience in the travel industry/ cruise and tour market a plus
- Advanced knowledge of TLS systems and infrastructure a plus
- Flexible to work in vendor location as needed (Boca Raton, FL)
- Primary work location – Sunrise, Florida
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re a highly motivated, self-starter who is ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2019, 2:00:14 PM