Senior Manager, B2B Client Management, Healthcare
Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS) is the merchant network of American Express that acquires and maintains relationships with merchants who welcome American Express branded cards. Our goal is to be an indispensable payments partner to our partners while simultaneously delivering differentiated products and services that meet or exceed customer needs and drive revenue growth and premium economics for both merchants and American Express.
The National Client Group within Merchant Services – U.S., is responsible of overseeing the largest and most strategic U.S. – based merchants. Our mission is to be warmly welcomed by merchants, and help them grow. B2B is a critical priority for the Global Merchant Services business, and American Express, and this role offers a prime opportunity to be part of a strategic growth industry at American Express.
The role of the Senior Manager Client Management, B2B Healthcare offers the opportunity to leverage strong relationship management, consultative selling and strategic thinking and innovation skills to deliver incremental Amex spend while working in a challenging, collaborative environment.
Candidates considered for this position will need to demonstrate the ability to understand the nuances and value levers within the complex Healthcare supply chain as well as dimension revenue-generating opportunities within the unique and ever-changing landscape. This position is for a professionally mature business leader who can take ownership of high profile and complex initiatives with multiple senior-level touch points across the company who typically sit in Accounts Receivable, Finance and Treasury. A robust strategic background, an ability to think innovatively, strong financial and analytical skills, and the ability to lead in a fast-paced and highly complex/matrixed environment is required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive charge volume growth, revenue and profitability using in-depth knowledge of merchant’s business/industry and Merchant Services
- Envision and own strategic account plans to drive transformational change. Grow share, charge volume, revenue, and client satisfaction via a broad suite of American Express assets and partner teams
- Grow Amex share and profitability through partnership constructs with merchants including new financial tools and pricing constructs, co-marketing initiatives, cross-selling American Express partnerships, brand integration, and operational efficiencies
- Execute projects and business growth strategies across complex internal teams
- Optimize and prioritize investments by determining the best use of American Express budget to maximize ROI for both the merchant and American Express
- Negotiate complex deals that include a firm understanding of the financials of card acceptance, industry economics, profitability levers, and American Express assets and channels
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to seamlessly multi-task, prioritize, and act with a sense of urgency
- Lead, champion, and communicate industry development initiatives that will identify business opportunities and threats