American Express Careers
Strategic Planning Analyst– International Consumer Services (Ics)
At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Strategic Planning Analyst– International Consumer Services (Ics) to perform in the International Consumer Services business unit of American Express.
This position will be part of a team with strong focus on processes, data analytics, financial & business planning.
- Support Monthly close, preparing accounting accruals.
- Prepare Annual Budget and Forecast.
- Analyze Profit and Loss Statement Budget vs. Actual. Identify drivers. Coordinate with finance team in order to facilitate further understanding of the deviations.
- Control Business Unit Expenses on every monthly close, identify deviations and ensure forecast achievement.
- Support Business Planning Process Providing Monthly Reports and Business Analysis to support decision making process.
- Assist on Business and market Presentations, Visits and requirements.
- Analyze and coordinate Legal & Regulatory and Business Projects.
- Collaborate on Ad-Hoc Reporting to Support Business Priorities and Compliance requirements.
- Write operational procedures policies with detail information to support procedures.
- Proactively find processes opportunities and redesign accordingly.
- Training Champion.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t live life without it.
- Accounting Skills & Finance Knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Access and Cornerstone (desirable).
- Ability to manage and drive multiple projects with project management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work in a dynamic, fast changing environment, driving results through cross functional collaboration.
- Good level of English/Spanish written and oral communications.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, quality, timeliness and follow-up.
- Ethical standards to handle sensitive information.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2019, 9:47:46 AM