American Express Careers
Director & Counsel, Cybersecurity and Third Party Lifecycle Management
General Counsel’s Organization:
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
As a member of the Technology and Digital Law Group of the General Counsel’s Organization, the Counsel will provide legal support to technology, business and legal colleagues related to cyber security and third party lifecycle management legal issues.
Role & Responsibilities:
Collaborate with colleagues around the world on cutting edge cyber security and third party lifecycle management legal issues.
- Provide legal support and strategic advice to the IT Risk function and Third Party Lifecycle Management program, including supporting our information security team, enterprise incident response program, third party due diligence and ongoing oversight program, and regulatory exam management team
- Draft and negotiate cyber security contract requirements on a global basis
- Advise on global cyber security and third party lifecycle management regulatory requirements and trends and assist with lobbying efforts related to proposed legislation
- Review new products and services to ensure compliance with cyber security, authentication and third party risk requirements
- J.D. with admission to practice law in New York or Florida
- 6+ years of work experience involving cyber security and third party oversight issues in a law firm and/or in-house corporate legal environment
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and security incident response
- Strong interest and/or experience in digital products and emerging technology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated experience in gaining credibility, managing expectations, and developing strong working relationships with legal colleagues and clients
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285 OR 1500 NW 136th Ave, Sunrise, FL 33323
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2019, 12:40:28 PM