American Express Careers
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Responsible for a product or product line, including development, roll-out, and testing. Compiles reports on revenue and profitability. Conducts comparative analysis against competitors and provides strategic planning of product direction and features. Typically requires extensive marketing and technical skills and more than eight years of experience.
As one of the enterprise teams within American Express, Enterprise Platforms has responsibility of product delivery for Global Accounts Receivable, Loyalty (i.e. Membership Rewards and Cash Back), Salesforce, and the Global Remittance product platforms. The Global Account Receivable team works closely with colleagues in Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG), Global Corporate Payments (GCP), Global Merchant Services (GMS) and across the Blue-Box to deliver New Card Products, Lending, and Commerce Initiatives that help grow billings, deepen customer engagement and increase member value. The team drives the development of products and software that deliver on business growth while increasing speed to market through strategic automation and modernization initiatives.
Within Global AR, the Director of Lean Portfolio Management will govern and manage the capacity of our teams, our financial budgets, and our overall metrics. In addition, the ideal leader will also have the responsibility to continue to drive our agile transformation through coaching, automation, as well as measurement.
- Actively participate in the investment decisioning process by ensuring provision of information concerning specific business opportunities where technology can improve the value of the business.
- Define and plan the investment portfolio, re-prioritizing investments based on business/technical resource availability and/or changing business priorities or business case.
- Participate in the engagement of product engineering teams, negotiating where necessary to resolve any resourcing conflicts.
- Work with the Finance organization to reconcile and forecast the cost of delivering the plan. Monitors and tracks multiple portfolios against delivery, cost, budget, forecast, schedule and quality targets
- Collaborate with senior-level architects to ensure that all delivery activity is in support of the Technology/business strategy and goals of the line-of-business, while ensuring there is alignment of product engineering activity across the multiple product portfolios
- Work with Engineering Directors, Directors Technical Delivery and Technical Project Managers to ensure the availability of the required resources to support development and organizational transformation efforts
- Drive the overall management of the rolling roadmaps and capacity planning at the Global AR level and facilitate the platform level capacity by Train
- Coordinate the Financial Management, with the support of the Global AR PAMs, to ensure accurate forecasting and actuals tracking of GAR financials and colleague and contractor headcount
- Oversee the GAR Metrics dashboard and ongoing measurement of platform velocity, efficiency, agility, and overall operational effectiveness.
- Coach leaders in GAR in the Agile discipline to further transform the organization and deliver value to customers quickly and efficiently.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance, or other related field
- Experience in leading multiple projects through the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile development methodology, Scaled Agile experience is a plus.
- Possesses prior Technology and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business segments with the experience of working in a delivery team
- Experience leading teams across US & International markets
- Strong intellectual curiosity and the ability to innovate with no pre-defined roadmap
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, collaborating and influencing skills to manage large, cross functional projects
- Winning attitude that motivates and develops high-potential direct reports
- Flexible growth mindset and ability to play multiple roles in a fast paced environment
- Time-zone flexibility required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2019, 1:49:21 PM