This individual will be a member of the Global Employee Relations team and is responsible for championing the employee experience by leveraging Company culture, values, and ensuring equitable resolutions to employee and labor relations issues. This position will lead a team of HR Employee Relations Specialists, located across two regional centers, responsible for handling US ER issues. The ER Manager will lead the Service Delivery Model and support activity to ensure efficient and effective delivery of Employee Relations services. The Manager in this role will deliver high quality employee relations counsel and support and must be capable of developing proactive solutions by building strong relationships with stakeholders throughout American Express. The Manager will be responsible for the coaching/development of direct reporting ER professionals and supporting a culture of teamwork and engagement.
The ER Manager will ensure metrics and reporting are established to measure ER activity across the U.S. This position will be responsible for preparing call center performance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends. The Manager will leverage data and analysis to identify emerging internal and external trends regarding employee issues and work closely with the ER team and various HR partners to develop comprehensive plans and strategies to ensure a positive employee experience and to mitigate risk to the business. The manager must also educate various business partners on external and internal Employee Relations trends to ensure that these trends are considered when developing business strategies which have employee impacts.
This role will also be responsible for oversight and management of the Company’s extensive severance administration program and processes including systems, reporting, data management and technology. This position will also perform other job related duties as requested.
- At least 5years of experience and knowledge in HR with a concentration on Employee Relations.
- A solid understanding of federal and state labor/employment laws and governmental compliance requirements.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in a supervisory/leadership role. Passion for developing people and strong teamwork.
- Strong working knowledge of HR systems and operations preferred.
- Experience with a Shared Service Delivery processes and systems.
- Strong business acumen and analytics around data, reporting. Ability to identify trends and provide proactive solutions to mitigate risk.
- Strong knowledge of HR disciplines around change management, training facilitation, presentation skills, consultative skills, conflict management and ability to interpret and apply HR Policies and Procedures.
- Must be able to investigate and research information, analyze data in relation to the relevant employment laws, trends, policies and procedures, and use sound judgment to draw valid conclusions, recommendations and plans of action.
- Must be able to maintain composure and objectively coach employees at all levels on complex, highly sensitive and/or emotional issues.
- Excellent communication skill, verbal and written. Experience in developing communications, training, policies and data analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the
company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2019, 7:15:12 PM