American Express Careers
Program Manager - Converged Infrastructure
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
AET Role Framework Only. Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating large strategic programs from initiation through to implementation. Leads cross-functional program teams and works with business partners to determine and interpret business requirements into technology solutions. Responsible for managing program costs, resources, change requests, risk and issues to ensure that maximum business benefit maintained as well as provision of regular program status updates. Certification requirement: Project Management Professional (PMI) or equivalent Project Management certification (eg. Certified Project Management Practitioner, International Project Management Association). Responsible for managing one or more highly complex or enterprise-wide IT program(s) consisting of multiple projects, that may span a broad range of systems and enterprise-wide components. Communicates with Delivery Directors, Portfolio Management and Business Partners with regard to program strategy, direction and changes. Facilitates potential development solutions by working with Business Partners and senior level Architects to determine technology solutions that align with business strategies and IT strategic directions. Develops the program strategy and the various enterprise-wide high-level project plans and ensures that scope and approach are fully understood by all stakeholders. Ensures that the supporting Business Case is updated throughout the course of delivery and works with the business to ensure business case objectives are met.
- Requires professional written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
- Experience and/or expert knowledge in PowerPoint, Excel and writing succinct technical memos at the executive level
- Possess analytical ability to identify trends in data, present results and recommend solutions
- Must be able to translate data/insights into compelling presentations
- Possess ability to lead, follow and partner with peers within an enterprise level organization
- Process oriented; able to create process flows and align them across impacted stakeholders
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously and ability to influence without authority
- Flexible, adaptable and the ability to work under pressure
- Relationship management and collaboration experience with external providers, development teams and business partners
- Knowledge and understanding of the American Express organization & systems a significant advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Information Systems is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2019, 7:06:06 PM