American Express Careers
Executive Director, Commercial Acquisition Group
Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with commercial clients to help them manage travel expenses and make large purchases through Amex proprietary payment solutions and expense management tools.
The Commercial Acquisition Group (CAG) is a 300+ and growing organization responsible for the acquisition and development of our highest potential small business customers. The successful candidate will ensure sales targets and production metrics are achieved across the team through continuous coaching and development. Candidates must have demonstrated leadership ability including development planning and coaching of employees to drive results (preferably in an outbound prospecting cold call environment). The ability to identify and communicate successful sales strategies, share best practices across team and broader organization is critical.
- Ensure aggressive sales performance results are achieved monthly, annually and compliantly.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership attributes including inclusivity, integrity, enterprise thinking, communicating frequently, candidly and clearly, while making collaboration essential.
- Drive, and attain performance results with strict conformance to internal governance and compliance standards.
- Recruit, develop, coach and retain exceptional talent within remit to ensure execution of objectives.
- Develop exceptional relationships across multi-faceted internal stakeholders and thought partners.
- Understand the competitive commercial landscape and market trends, and how our products and strategies need to evolve to ensure marketplace advantage.
- Develop data driven strategies which position team, consultants and organization for success.
- Understand and effectively communicate the company's value proposition.
- Communicate compelling vision, and benefits of GCS products to colleagues and partners.
- Own portfolio of projects, with ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to identify and solve client issues strategically.
- Work with the Sales, Account Management and Operations, teams to implement targeted sales strategy.
- Generate and maintain accurate sales and opportunity plans.
- Work with internal teams on behalf of clients to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Work collaboratively with the sales and marketing teams fostering a culture of continuous process improvement and compliance.
- A strong track record of leading other leaders is preferred.
- Exceptional presentation skills, business acumen and executive presence is a must.
- Proven ability to inspire Leaders through consultative coaching, development planning, recognition, and accountability.
- Assist teams in closing difficult sales deals and manage through escalated issues when necessary.
- Analyze data and prioritize selling activities to develop strategies that meet key efficiency and effectiveness metrics.
- Willing to embrace challenges, take risks and learn from mistakes, while demonstrating a growth mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with management and cross-functional teams, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective consultative sales coaching, and pipeline skills management skills.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial mindset with a tenacious attitude and a strong will to win.
- Ability to articulate strategies/value proposition and coach both high and low performers.
- High achiever with proven high-performance results as a people leader.
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills.
- A track record of exceeding sales goals.
- The ability to inspire, motivate, and lead by example within large organizations
- Strong relationship management skills with both internal business partners and external customers
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5-10 years B2B sales experience in financial services industry and 3 years of people leadership responsibilities
- Experience leading an outbound sales team preferred
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet).
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2019, 2:58:04 PM