American Express Careers
Project Manager - Facilitation/Training/Instructional Design exp. needed
Are you a people person? Does welcoming new colleagues and supporting their journey from offer acceptance through their first year excite you? Do you want a role that has a positive impact on culture and retention? Then the Onboarding Concierge Services (OCS) team in American Express Technology may be the place for you.
We are seeking a highly motivated Project Manager who is passionate about driving constructive and creative change in our culture. We engage and support Technology new hires and ensue they have a smooth and engaging transition into the company.
The PM-OCS works with new hires and Technology hiring leaders to provide a premier onboarding experience. In addition, you will facilitate OCS programs, support our team and other customers as needed for onboarding-related activities, assist in the investigation (root cause analysis) to resolve problems, maintain the program’s acceptance criteria, ensure that deliverables meet the agreed quality standards of documentation and reporting, and contribute to continuous service improvement by maintaining standard methodologies and knowledge repositories.
If you're looking for a dynamic, energizing environment, this is the team for you!
- (Preferred) Project Management Professional (PMI) or equivalent Project Management certification (e.g. Certified Project Management Practitioner, International Project Management Association).
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, i.e. can jump in and ask questions/drive conversations and modify communication style based upon audience.
- Ability to facilitate to large audiences.
- Demonstrates personal excellence, · ability to work with limited direction, and is a self-starter.
- Can operate in an ambiguous environment.
- This position is an in-office position (hub) and alternative work schedules unfortunately are not available due to the nature of the role/function.
- 2+ years Project Management experience managing multiple projects and in the creation and delivery of executive presentations.
- Experience with design and development of Learning Programs.
- BS Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and very customer focused.
- Real passion for exciting the customer and going above and beyond.
- Organizational continuous quality improvement / re-engineering (Six-Sigma), or related Process Improvement experience.
- Knowledge of iterative development (Agile preferred) projects and understands the value of metrics.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 25, 2019, 7:59:47 AM