American Express Careers
Infrastructure Engineer - Converged Infrastructure
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Work with Lead Infrastructure Engineers on network device selection and design process based on American Express standards
- Implement and configure network infrastructure according to American Express standards
- Partner with Network Operations Center to troubleshoot network issues when necessary
- Support network infrastructure retrofits, asset refreshes, and remediation activities as required
- Create technical design/implementation documentation
- Collaborate with vendor partners to install, configure, test, and certify network solutions
- Expected to work occasional nights and weekends
- Travel 10-20%
- 3+ years of experience in building and supporting large scale data networks
- Moderate knowledge in routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Moderate knowledge in routing and switching technologies such as Spanning Tree, 802.1Q, Port-Channels, 802.1x, QoS, VLANs, and SVIs
- Strong IP knowledge, including TCP and UDP
- Sniffer/capture tools such as Wireshark
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst Switching platforms such as 4500 and 3850
- Experience with router platforms and Layer 3 Switching
- Good understanding of security infrastructure such as Cisco PIX and ASA Firewalls
- Must be willing to learn new technologies while being able to adapt to a fast pace service driven environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Superb communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to communicate to all levels of peers, customers, and leadership
- Understanding of Debian Linux, primarily with network configuration
- Cumulus Linux experience
- Experience with scripting languages, such as bash, python, and Ansible
- Experience with Wireless solutions, such as Aruba or Cisco
- Experience with Multicast
- Scripting languages and configuration management tools
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2019, 6:34:03 PM