Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Portfolio manager - Japan will lead a group of ~30 employees in Internal Collections as well as Operations team to meet expected levels of productivity & governance along with managing 3rd party Call & Collect and Specialty partners in the region. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing strategies aimed at maximizing Collections effectiveness and minimizing operational risk. Working closely with and under the guidance of the Director of Collections for JAPA, the incumbent will provide thought leadership on all collection matters, conduct regular reviews to proactively identify trends and take timely actions to mitigate impact to performance.
Key responsibilities include
• Adopt a hands-on approach to drive best in class Collections performance. Provide thought leadership and drive initiatives to maximize returns through best-in-class collection economics
• Collaborate with Risk Management, Credit and other functions to develop and implement improvement initiatives
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships within and outside GSN
• Ensure 24 x7 audit readiness, compliance to regulatory & AXP norms and work to achieve satisfactory outcomes in GCOM, TSM, TLM, GCM audits
• Achieve high levels of employee engagement and motivation.
• Lead, coach and develop team members and create an environment that helps attract and retain best in class talent
As the Collection lead for the market, the incumbent is required to be the face of the department which includes meeting with stakeholders and Customers. The Incumbent's name will be included in all communication made with Card members.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Strong experience in credit / collections operations
• Highly developed analytical skills with strong attention to details
• Ability to lead, influence, and contribute at various levels of the business
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Proactive, solution oriented approach
• Excellent communications skills, ability to build and leverage relationships
• Ability to drive innovation and change in a fast moving environment
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 9, 2019, 8:00:30 PM