American Express Careers
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Job Description: Global Servicing Network (GSN) organization is the single largest unit of American Express addressing the servicing needs of all American Express clients and customers globally across multiple locations and channels. GSN MIS and Analytics team is responsible for Executive decision support through advanced analytics and MIS, helping the organization to exploit our competitive advantage and capitalize on the unique asset of Relationship Care® to drive customer engagement and value generation. The team has a global footprint and this position will be based out of the American Express Service Center in Gurgaon, India. Responsibilities of this role include: • Providing Analytical & Decision Support across GSN through Data mining & advanced analytics (from sourcing to staging data and building analytics to implementation) • Addressing information gaps by providing insightful analytics towards generating value for the customers and GSN • Enabling business user self-service through creation of MIS capabilities • Working independently assuming responsibility for the development, validation and implementation of projects • Participate on global teams evaluating processes and making suggestions for process and system improvements • Interacting with all levels of the organization across multiple time zones
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
• Minimum 4 years experience with atleast 2 years in Quantitative Business Analysis with experience in handling large data sets
• Strong Quantitative and Analytical Skills
• Strong Business Acumen and Problem solving skills, Conceptual and Creative Thinker
• Hands on experience in product/ project development using Tableau.
• Excellent Programming Skills on SQL/Teradata/Hive/Tableau is essential with good understanding of Big Data ecosystems
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) required
• Strong Project Management Skills, Ability to Work on Multiple Projects, and Work Effectively in a Team Environment
• Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
• Flexibility and adaptability to work within tight deadlines and changing priorities
• Good to have hands-on experience on programming languages Java or Python, or understanding of ETL.
• GSN knowledge and expertise will be an added advantage
• Post-graduate degree in quantitative field will be an added advantage
• Demonstrable experience on Business intelligence and visualization tools is good to have.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2019, 9:17:21 AM