American Express Careers
Financial Analysis Manager
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
As part of a world-class Controllership group, the C&FRC organization is responsible for managing end to end credit and fraud process from reserve adequacy assessment through to the external disclosures and regulatory reporting. Team is also responsible for providing support for Senior Leadership review and committees
Purpose of the Role:
This Financial Analysis Manager position in the Credit & Fraud Risk Controllership (C&FRC) organization will play a key role in achieving our goal to protect and assure the integrity of the AXP financial statements and proactively mitigate controllable financial risk. This role will support the accounting and reporting for global credit reserves. Additionally, the role will require support to the Project Manager on implementation and stabilizing the credit reserving process under CECL.
Preparation of credit reserve models, reserve adequacy and ensure credit provision entries are booked accurately and in a timely manner
- Support preparation of externally disclosed footnotes and regulatory filings for Worldwide AR, Loans and related reserves
- Assist in documentation and testing of PRSA SOX controls and support of internal and external audit requests
- Preparation of internal provision and reserve reporting and MIS for business partners
- Support ad-hoc projects and analyses and process improvements. Support project manager on CECL project, tracking status of programme deliverables and milestones; supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables; programme level risk and issue coordination; monitoring the status of projects transitioning into normal service; coordination of the regular project and programme level reporting cycles; co-ordination of project Governance arrangements, Post Project Reviews, Programme level workshops.
Critical Factors to Success:
The incumbent should be tenured for a minimum of 18 months at Band 30 or minimum of 12 months at Band 28 in the current role as on the date of application deadline.
The incumbent should not be on level 3 or under counseling at the time of applying. The incumbent should have a performance rating of G2L2 or better in the last review
Analyzes profit and loss income statements, and prepares reports on findings to make recommendations to management. Participates in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets.
CA/CFA/MBA with minimum 2 years of post-qualification experience or Bachelors’ Degree in finance/accounting with minimum 5 years’ experience in finance/accounting domain
Strong process orientation and analytical problem solving skills, demonstrated process improvement
Motivated self-starter with intellectual curiosity, and strong work ethic
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high quality work within tight deadlines
Strong interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills, and ability to partner and collaborate effectively across a matrix organization
Experience in control activities under SOX 404
Knowledge of Platforms:
High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills
Knowledge of American Express financial systems including Oracle, Essbase and accounts receivable systems and balance sheet accounts
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2019, 9:32:40 AM