American Express Careers
Infrastructure Engineer I
The Windows Operations team is part of Converged Infrastructure Operations and provides 7x24x365 management and Support for American Express’ Enterprise Windows Servers. The Infrastructure Engineer position will provide day to day operational leadership and support for Windows Servers administration. This team will manage Windows boxes throughout the delivery lifecycle and will execute daily operations including deployment of new windows Servers infrastructure and delivery of reliable, robust support solutions.
The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for:
• Working in a enterprise environment providing operational support by building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows O/S servers.
• Managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs, support of file and print services, RADIUS, DNS and DHCP, Domain Controller replication, and organizational unit management.
• Managing Windows systems, including Windows Server 2003, 2008 and, Window Server 2012.
• Working with networking technologies, such as TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
• Working with virtualization technologies, such as VMware, Hyper-V, or XenServer
• Managing Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
• Batch scripting using PowerShell, batch, CMD Prompt
• Working with Enterprise Backup & Restore Processes (Familiarity with NetBackup)
• Working with Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager.
• Managing user accounts, network rights and access to systems and equipments.
• Ensures system availability, functionality, integrity and efficiency, and maintains system configuration.
• Implement changes utilizing a defined change management process.
• Research, review, recommend, implement and document server solutions
• Detailed knowledge of user administration, network administration, storage and security components
• Maintaining skills to the current industry level of certification.
• Recognizing and articulating job related problems to management.
• Analyzing technical problems and creating solutions involving the use of existing techniques and/or tools.
• Strong understanding of file system concepts, server clustering technologies and methodologies
• Server Maintenance, Backups, Performance Audit & Logging.
• Exhibit a sense of urgency to resolve issues.
• Ensure SLA's and Operational standards are met.
• 4+ years proven experience of managing various Windows Operating Systems
• 2+ years experience with tools to manage and support Windows Servers operations
• Skilled in deploying Windows infrastructure in collaboration with architecture colleagues and service provider partners
• Self-motivation and strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are key attributes for this position
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines (work under pressure and prioritize tasks)
• Strong analytical and problem solving techniques
• Experience with servers management in VMware is preferred
• Bachelors in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2019, 8:21:20 AM