American Express Careers
Senior UX Researcher-Cornerstone Reporting and Data Democratization
Senior UX Researcher - Cornerstone Reporting and Data Democratization
About American Express Enterprise Digital
American Express Enterprise Digital is dedicated to building enterprise capabilities to support digital, risk, and information management initiatives across American Express. The team is helping to drive the future of the business by building products and platforms that utilize decision science best practices, exemplary user experience and our closed loop data within a secure and safe environment. We are headquartered in New York City and strongly believe in driving the success of the people we hire.
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher for our Data Democratization Capabilities team. The ideal candidate has experience in the integration of end user research into product design and delivery. In addition, an expertise in facilitating usability testing and fostering relationships with the users is needed to drive success. This role works closely with Business, Technology and Infrastructure partners to address user challenges and drive Data Democratization in the Big Data ecosystem.
The ideal candidate has a strong comprehension of the strengths and limitations of the different research methods, inclusive of when and how to apply each in product analysis. They are an excellent communicator, facilitator of feedback conversations, and passionate about enabling the best user experience. They understand capabilities and platforms within the Big Data landscape. They are a problem solver, innovator, they thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy collaborating and building consensus, and being a customer champion to lead the organization to deliver successful Data Democratization products.
Other responsibilities include:
· Consult with Product Owners and Designers to determine their insight needs, make appropriate recommendations - and craft research plans that align with the product roadmap
· Work within a matrix environment, building strong relationships with your partners across multiple business units, managing and escalating as appropriate to drive projects to a successful conclusion
What’s expected of you?
· A proven track record of integrating a wide range of user research methods into product design and design practices; 2+ years of UX Research / Digital Interaction experience with consumer facing digital products, websites and mobile experiences highly preferred
· Excellent communication skills and ability to relay research methodology concepts and findings to product teams and to end users in a clear, simple, and relatable manner
· Ability to come up with creative solutions and consider a variety of alternative solutions for each problem
· A genuine passion for product-centric innovation as well the ability to identify root recommendations inspired by the consumers’ needs and behaviors
· Self-motivated individual who is able to combine problem-resolution, clear communication, and critical thinking to apply a business lens to recommendations
· Understanding of Big Data Hadoop Stack, MapReduce framework, & Hive is a plus
· Strong communication and negotiation skills combined with an ability to interact effectively with business leaders, data consumers and engineers
· Proven ability to adapt to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change
· Advanced degree in STEM fields w/ work experience in information management, strategy or the payments business is a plus
· Work experience in consulting or product development is a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2019, 2:03:24 PM