American Express Careers
American Express is building a new team that will extend our long tradition of customer service to the community of enterprise developers working diligently to integrate their company's systems with our new Open Banking APIs. Around the world, regional markets are creating legislation to drive the easy integration of account data to 3rd party providers such as Mint and Quicken in order to provide high quality digital account management solutions. This team will work across the American Express product teams that are enabling these capabilities to:
Build enterprise solutions that integrate American Express with regulatory authorities around the world
Contribute to inner source solutions toward automating on boarding and integration activities
Build self servicing infrastructures such as enhanced documentation, sample applications, and code samples
Work directly with the partners of American Express as they integrate with American Express
Managing the on boarding processes and activities
The understanding of modern integration technologies such as Rest APIs, GraphQL, and gRPC is a must. Most development work will be on back-end systems using Java and Node.js with redis and various noSQL data stores. Code contributions to a wide range of tech stacks is very likely.
This will be a dynamic team meeting ever changing requirements as the Open Banking requirements roll in from markets around the world. Your agility, engagement, and creative solutioning will determine our success.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
• Entry level ability in software development
• Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
• Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
• Participate in code reviews and automated testing
• Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
• Enable the development, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
• Automate deployments in test or production environments
• Automatically scale applications based on demand projections
Education and Experience
Up to 4 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
• Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
• Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and as appropriate
• Hands-on experience with application design, software development, and automated testing
• Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related experience preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 24, 2019, 3:50:55 PM