American Express Careers
Sr. Programmer Analyst-Java
This role is part of the Global Servicing Group Capabilities, who lead the investment/strategic planning, design and deployment of the various software and hardware products used internally by our Customer Care Professionals and Specialists to provide superior service and account management, as well as digital products used by our customers to achieve their goals with their American Express product.
This is an individual contributor role and is important in the migration from Legacy to the new open source technologies (Red hat JBPM / PAM and react js)
This role will lead design & develop end-to end system workflows, including business defined rules, for the new platform. The successful candidate will work closely with the Product Owners, Technology, Partner Management and other key stakeholders.
The new platform aims to replace existing legacy systems drastically improve our existing collections capabilities, and seamlessly integrate with upstream credit processes.
The selected candidate will define and design business process workflows in the new system, understanding the overall business objectives and translating in to efficient and well thought-out workflows, business rules, decision tables and decision trees as required. The person in this role will enable product development and market enablement, partnering closely with Technologies, Risk Management and Business Stakeholders.
The individual will:
- Take ownership of business rules on the new platform
- Maintain the business processes and business rules as required by strategy
- Develop global processes and rules and deploy and modify for each locality
- Automate existing manual processes and strategies into new the processes and rules
- Work with central and local market cross-functional teams to ensure processes meet market needs and adhere to local regulatory, compliance and risk requirements
- 5+ years of strong experience in Java
- Knowledge of Business Rules and Business Process Management (BPM) and proven ability to create solutions.
- Logical and organized thinker, with ability to understand complex business problems.
- Enthusiasm for smart system design, and creativity and insight to create efficient process and rule solutions
- Curiosity and hunger to know how things work and ability to use that knowledge to find enhancement opportunities
- Understanding of American Express tech and product development processes
- Recognize issues quickly and determine how to go about getting resolution
- Detailed oriented, able to identify key questions, make process decisions and determine how pieces of the puzzle interact and impact the overall project
- Highly organized, taking individual initiative and accountability for getting results
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage, influence and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Good grasp of various iterative methodologies: Agile, SAFe, Scrum
- Knowledge on PEGA PRPC, SQL is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 15, 2019, 3:55:00 PM