American Express Careers
Portfolio Manager - Digital Workplace
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
What is Amex’s objective for a digital workplace?
- Our Vision is to provide the world’s best colleague experience: Wherever. Whenever. Every single day.
- Our Mission is to empower the workforce with outstanding technology
- Demonstrated by A Digital Workplace that exceeds the usability, performance, stability and innovation of customer facing experiences that is Predictive, Personalized and Abstracted
- Our Outcomes are to Cut Time to Value Generation, Establish an Aspirational Workplace and Optimize Internal Efficiency
The Portfolio Manager position is an exciting opportunity for an accomplished professional with a strong financial background and Technology portfolio management experience. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and managing collaborative processes across Digital Workplace that provide financial transparency and deliver on financial targets.
- Build comprehensive financial models that enable strategic decision-making
- Support the Investment decision process, by providing provision of technology budgets and advice on prioritization and scheduling.
- Monitors the progress of the portfolio delivery and ensures timely and effective communication of the status and assessment of risks/issues.
- Partner with Technology Finance to ensure alignment of budgets, actuals and forecasts, impact of depreciable costs over 3-5 years and overall portfolio full year projections.
- Promote Portfolio and Business Management best practice through formal and informal networks.
- Create compelling communication for leadership that highlights delivery of the portfolio against financial targets.
- Synthesize information from a variety of internal and external sources to improve and optimize approach and results.
- Align financial models within the larger budgeting and investment planning processes.
Aligning to the American Express Framework for Winning, we will
- Focus on the customer as a platform for growth
- Bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Develop products and services to meet emerging needs of customers
- Craft the most seamless and secure digital experience for customers
- Set “THE” standard for customer experience
- Attract and engage the best colleagues in the industry
- Maintain safe and sound business practices, consistent with regulatory expectations
- Bachelor’s degree required or comparable experience
- Strong foundation and knowledge of accounting and finance
- Proven strategic and analytical thought leadership and in a financial role and ability to translate complex strategies into meaningful financial models
- Ability to continuously deliver results in a dynamic environment and navigate high levels of ambiguity comfortably
- Knowledge of financial tools and reporting a plus (VIR “Vendor Invoice Reconciliation”, SDLC, CPC, General Ledger, Clarity, SmartView, and Oracle.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and highly proficient across MS Office applications.
- Must have excellent communication, relationship building and influencing skills.
- Self-starter who can function effectively within a diverse and globally-dispersed team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 9, 2019, 2:24:33 PM