American Express Careers
Manager, Data Strategy & Insights - GCS Foreign Currency Solutions
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space and subsequently continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. The Global Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team within GCS, is instrumental in leading data driven insights to elevate Customer engagement, accelerate sales and drive profitable charge volume growth for the organization.
This is an exciting opportunity as this position is new to the organization and will be managing all DS&I deliverables for Foreign Currency Solutions (also known as Global Dollar Card, prop and non prop markets) organization within GCS. The incumbent reporting to the Director of DS&I International HQ, will play a critical role in supporting the development of growth and analytic strategies to increase performance and drive execution while working alongside senior leadership with GCS
The incumbent will enhance business decision-making process by providing insightful and analytical recommendations across International org’n to drive growth, highlighting trends, risks and opportunities. The individual is also responsible for supporting global standardization efforts, develop and implement process improvements, drives automation to gain efficiencies across core activities and functions.
- Creation of senior leadership reporting, data analysis, planning and performance measurement
- Creation of portfolios and setting targets
- Providing the thought leadership and various recommendations, through consulting and collaborating with DS&I leadership and regional teams, and internal business partners (I.E. Finance), to analyze and lead strategic business initiatives to drive performance and profitability across International Sales and AD
- Performing analytics, predictive models on regional data and support growth initiatives
- Performing complex analysis to provide key summaries and recommendations by manipulating broken data
- Be strategic and able to identify opportunities to initiate analysis that creates a positive impact on business
- Enable the roadmap (processes, systems) to continue transforming and evolving GCS organization
- Lead a team of 2 new individuals and 2 existing individuals towards the next phase of evolution for GCS
- Strong Strategic & Analytical Thinking: Require extensive analytical experience to support DS&I Director and Business in reviews and special projects. Ability to adopt a broad perspective and link business strategies to specific initiatives. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Change management: Be an agent of change, ability to initiate and adapt to change. Provides solutions to address business transformation, strategic alignment, technology implementation and culture change. Incorporate risk mitigation planning/execution.
- Communication and Build relationships: Superior ability to write structured and compelling messages addressed to various audiences/levels within the organization. Ability to view contrary perspectives, negotiate and gain agreement while building and maintaining relationships.
- Growth Mindset: Will to make things happen and go above and beyond. Ability to challenge status quo, innovate and think out of the box.
- Results Leadership: Ability to manage multiple and complex work streams across departmental boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes
- Self starter and high level of accountability and able to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast paced and highly matrixed environment. Strong teamwork required with their colleagues and other teams, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong work ethic with an will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- Experience in developing a team (direct reports)
- 5-6 years of relevant work experience with a Master's Degree or Finance experience equivalent is desirable, however not essential
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management tools (I.E. SFDC, other), as well as statistical software programming and models (I.E. SAS, SQL, HIVE, Python) or equivalent
- Experience in Tableau and Cornerstone
- Experience in target setting from individual contributors to Senior Leaders+ (familiar with forecasting methodologies)
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 8, 2019, 5:52:10 AM