American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Enterprise Cloud Platform
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers fast-paced rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
As a Senior Engineer in the American Express Cloud Solutions Engineering team you will:
- Drive cloud native application architecture and patterns to enable application migration to cloud platform
- Partner with cloud platform engineering teams to build services and applications on both private and public cloud platforms
- Develop cloud migration patterns for a broad range of applications including distributed, database, big data, and COTS applications
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture and Application teams to develop creative enterprise grade solutions on cloud
- Help drive the next generation hybrid cloud adoption strategy and execution
- Contribute to best-in-class developer experience on the cloud platform
- You will play a key role in designing and implementing solutions that enable cloud native application pattern adoption across American Express Technologies. You will partner closely with applications teams across the company to understand business critical, customer facing capabilities and provide first class cloud solutions that solve these challenges in a scalable, reusable manner.
· Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
· Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
· Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
· Work closely with product managers, platform and application engineers to implement versatile solutions to challenging enterprise problems
· Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
· Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
· Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
· Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
- 5+ years of software development experience in a professional environment such as:
- Wide breath of engineering experience
- Proven experience leading teams of engineers
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
- You have an understanding of Kubernetes, Container Orchestrations, Docker, and Cloud Native applications
- Experience in using public cloud platform services, like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Must have experience in cloud native application patterns and tools, micro services architectures, application migrations to any cloud platform
- Excellent understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Containers, Network, Storage, Monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools (Splunk, etc.)
- Experience with Application Performance Management tools (Splunk, App Dynamics, New Relic, DynaTrace, etc.)
- Real passion for and Excellent understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) tools and processes (Example: Jenkins, Ansible, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Agile principles and processes
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 17, 2019, 2:38:25 PM