American Express Careers
Analyst-Legal, Assistant Custodian of the Record (Witness Team - NY,NJ)
- Research account history and provide pertinent information to support the case
- Review and consult the attorneys for the best approach in testifying. Help the litigation case through analyses of the account History.
- Make quick decisions regarding settlement or continuance of the litigation based on evidence presented while balancing the Brand image with the best financial recovery to AXP.
- Seek appropriate approvals for “high” balance accounts, when needed, prior to the court sessions or arbitrations.
- Sign affidavits/declarations for the litigation process as an assistant to the Custodian of the Records for AXP
- Thorough knowledge of American Express Personal, Business, Corporate, Merchant Financing or similar Credit Cards or Banking operations (e.g. Credit & Collection policies & procedures both for Card Members and Merchants,) Banks, American Express Brand standards and policies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team environments
- High percentage of travel is required and may include weekend for Monday’s appearances
- Extremely well organized
- Must have good working knowledge of AXP systems to retrieve account information.. Must be able to track and understand Card members’ charge activities, history with all the accompanied notes. Must know Card Member Agreements
- Effectively communication, collaboration with others and influence internal and external partners at all levels
- Previous Court Room experience is a good plus and preferred. Good working knowledge of excel maintain the scheduling tool, extract and summarize data for the reporting and staffing purposes
- Effectively manage self-travel expenses
- Extremely flexible with the schedules and be a great team player
- Effectively optimize the collection dollars for assigned cases
- Effectively communicate with all parties involved
- Complete all mandatory training and other requirements timely
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 15, 2019, 3:50:36 PM