American Express Careers
Engineer - Enterprise Cloud Platform
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting Hybrid Cloud transformation journey and is in search of an innovative and critical thinking engineers to build Hybrid Cloud Program. This position will report into the XPaaS engineering team.
In this role, you will gain experience in building a scalable, secure, Highly available infrastructure and extended platform-as-a-service(xPaaS/IaaS) by using a variety of technologies such as Redis, Elastic, NGINX, and Cassandra and get exposure to many other open source projects such as Google Kubernetes, Docker and OpenShift. You will be challenged with building out new capabilities and services, improving and scaling existing services and contributing to a talented group of Engineers to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. As a Cloud Engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to provide customer consultancy for Cloud Services, Level 3 support, and develop, build, and upgrade a vast range of Extended Platform as a Service (xPaaS) services.
- This is an Engineering role and the person is expected to be a strong learner and adaptable across a wide range of different products that make up our existing and future xPaaS Services catalog.
- Primary focus is on the internal AXP Development teams, and providing them with consulting for xPaaS solutions for their applications. Deep knowledge of each service should be acquired, with the ability to adapt and learn new services as they are developed and adopted
- Contribute to building developer and DevOps friendly tools that allows monitoring, diagnosing and debugging of the xPaaS services.
- Owns technical aspects of xPaaS Service development and implementation
- Forms part of an engineering team that performs hands-on architecture, design and development of systems
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Provides continuous support for xPaaS Services for ongoing application availability
- Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Do you have 2+ years of Technology related industry experience?
- Have you demonstrated professional expertise in a large Fortune 100 company running an IT Production Operation at scale including Infrastructure (Servers, Network, Storage, Security) and Applications (Distributed, Middleware, Databases across all tiers)?
- Do you enjoy your ability to work with Infrastructures and Platforms including IaaS, PaaS, Cloud technologies and tools for Continuous Delivery (CD)?
- In depth Understanding of Linux functionalities/ features as well as good experience of Linux system administration
- Cloud management and administration
- Continuous delivery experience/DevOps/Agile and Other skills
- Proven Diagnostic, troubleshooting, and service restoration skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills, and English communication skills with difficult customers in outage situations.
- Metrics management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2019, 5:41:02 PM