American Express has embarked on an exciting Cloud, Big Data and Mobile transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team. You will contribute to a rock star start-up engineering team which will deliver the next generation auto-scaled, Highly Available, hybrid cloud enterprise application platform (Iaas/PaaS) for the mission critical American Express Delivery Transformation initiative.
The platform will deliver a framework to support multiple programming languages i.e Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby/Rails, Scala and Fuse for enterprise and consumer mobile & web application developers. You will create innovative tools and capabilities to enable continuous delivery - building, provisioning and administering multi-tenant, scale-out applications throughout the life cycle, from development, test and into production. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. As a Senior Engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to maintain a robust, efficient, effective, 24x7 service operation for the Private Cloud environment and its tools. We will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. You will work closely with your US and India leaders and peers to deliver a “Follow the Sun” capability that is best in class in Quality and Capability at a cost effective price point.
• Overall 8+ years of industry experience with 4-5 years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated professional expertise in a large Fortune 100 company running an IT Production Operation at scale including Infrastructure (Servers, Network, Storage, Security) and Applications (Distributed, Middleware, Databases across all tiers)
• Ability to work with Infrastructures and Platforms including IaaS, PaaS, Cloud technologies and tools for Continuous Delivery (CD)
• In depth understanding of Linux functionalities/ features as well as good experience of Linux system engineering.
• Good understanding of OpenStack and OpenShift technologies
• At least medium level expertise in two of following.
o Shell scripting
• Strong hands-on deployment and troubleshooting expertise on OpenStack technologies and products.
• Certified Redhat Linux and OpenStack administrator
• Ansible Tower
• Cloud management and administration
• Proven OS security patching, diagnostic, troubleshooting, and service restoration skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills, and English communication skills with difficult customers in outage situations.
• Metrics management
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 30, 2019, 9:07:32 AM