Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
This Technical Project Manager will report directly in to an Engineering Director on the Cornerstone/Big Data Platform. Dev Ops Maturity is the primary goal of our team this year and in this role, you will be responsible for driving the CI/CD/CT Maturity across the Cornerstone Platform. You have experience successfully interfacing with an Enterprise DevOps Team, Directors and thousands of users on the Cornerstone platform. You should be very organized, driven, understand how to drive technical solutions and have experience in the DevOps/CICD space, preferably in a Big Data infrastructure environment. My ideal candidate is a hybrid of a Project Manager with the ability to drive results as well as someone with a development/coding background who picks up on new technology quickly and has an awesome attitude.
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints/iterations across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint/iteration, and builds an environment in which the team is continuously learning from the past
- Influence without authority through effective change and leadership management.
- Uses their technical acumen to enable removal of impediments, ask probing questions, and support team in technical issue resolution
- Facilitate discussions to identify alternative or different approaches to solve problems, break down barriers and drive resolution of conflicts to ensure productivity of the team.
- Steer and deliver project communications at all levels within Technology and business to ensure transparency of development process and project performance, to coordinate critical issues and issue resolution, to facilitate decision-making, and to build trust.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement through reflective conversation and regular retrospectives, with the goal to surface issues/concerns and to identify clear action steps. Scope of Impact/Influence
- Works in partnership with Product Owners, and the core and extended team to build and prioritize the product backlog
- Responsible for tracking iteration progress, actively adding to design discussions, issue resolution and removing obstacles to ensure sprint/iteration commitments are met
- Coaches teams to embrace the Technology SDLC process, Agile values, principles and practices, and actively inspire teams to reflect and improve their delivery capacity Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years of technical delivery experience with a demonstrated track record of growing responsibility
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages a plus
- PMI Agile Certification a plus